Thursday, June 12, 2008

Whitney Susanne


I cannot believe that Whitney is grown, in college, traveling all over the world literally. It is true that the older you get the faster time goes by. I do remember the day Whit was born in Memphis. Bunnie and Ken did such a good job of bringing her into this world.
I pretty much tried to consume Whitney as much as I could. My life was so empty without Susanne and I needed someone to put my attention and love into. I had pretty much smothered Jason to death and he was glad for me to be smothering someone else. Whitney and I kept this wonderful grandmother granddaughter relationship for almost 13 years. Then I think she grew up and out grew me for several years. But we have gone full circle now and even though I don't get to spend nearly as much time with her as I would like we have a great relationship.
I called her last night as she was at her job counseling at the camp she goes to in Missouri. She sounded so grown, so in control of her life. Whitney has a wonderful relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ and she is not ashamed to share it with anyone. She has this natural ability to lead others and take charge. We sometimes joke with her about how she can just walk into a room and all of a sudden she is in total control. She is beautiful and smart and few people question her. Isn't that a wonderful trait. Beautiful, christian, smart, tall, blonde.....just like her grandmother..........lol

No comments: