Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Susanne Lanette


Well the only way I could get a picture of Susanne on this computer was to take a picture of a picture. So if you haven't tried it you might give it a shot. I will be posting probably more pictures than any of you will be interested in looking at but I haven't looked this far back in a long time.
When Susanne was born she had a birthmark on the right side of her face. It covered her eye, nose and top lip and went back over her ear and up into her head. It was so easy to spoil her. All I wanted to do was protect her from every body and every thing. You see how smart I was. Now I see so many people that have a birthmark like that or worse and I realize how wrong I was to try to protect her from people. Adults would comment in the grocery store about what happened to her face. Did she get burned? I think we are all better educated now and surely we know not to ask stupid questions like that.
To her family and friends we never noticed it on a day to day basis. Only at certain times would I. When she became older it did become a problem to her and she wanted to cover it up. Doctors would not even think about trying to remove it. So we found some makeup, Lydia Oleary........had to go to Baton Rouge to get it. She became pretty good at mixing 3 shades of makeup to get just the shade she needed.
I just wanted to introduce all of you to her. She would be 41 if she were still with us. I cant imagine her being that old.

No comments: