Monday, June 9, 2008

Jesus Loves Us


This picture helps me to remember back to my teen's. The reunions were always in the middle of the summer, somewhere in the hills of Brookhaven, Ms with relatives I only saw at reunions. This is my grandmother, Mollie Sutton, and her twin brother Levi Redd. That would be me on the far left and Jerry Raney my first cousin standing up in the very back with the blond hair. I am not certain of the identity of anyone else. Of course that was many many years ago.
Family is such an important part of life. It is not uncommon to run into people that have not seen relatives in years for many reasons. Most of the time when people go long periods of time without visiting relatives it is because of some kind of falling out, difference of opinions, jealousy or envy. This happens most of the time when we are in our younger adult years. You have to admit that is the years that we are the most intelligent, got it all together and know everything.
I know because I have been there. I cant help but laugh a little when I try to think back to the days of my early 20's and 30's. I do believe I could have run Hilliary a close second. I was so educated in many areas. The exact details in any one situation slips my mind at the moment. I just know that I did not like to take advice from anyone and rarely ever asked for it. Now if I could just go back I would do everything differently. EVERYTHING.....................
I would be less judgemental, more forgiving, listen more and speak less, ask for little and give more, speak kind words and not harsh , love more and argue less, share Jesus with many many people and not argue as to who is right and who is wrong in the church. Jesus is a simple, uncomplicated Saviour. He loved us so much He died for us...........Believe in Him and we shall be saved........We are to go to Him as a little child. I hope I never complicate the gospel and confuse anyone. Jesus said, believe in Me............God's Word is our sword........ A sword, a SWORD............use it. Learn it, speak it, pray it................Jesus died for us and don't you forget it. Love ya

No comments: