Friday, June 13, 2008

Remember When?




There is 45 years difference in these two pictures. Wayne and I were so young, I was 17 and he was 18 when we really started to date. We had known each other for years but were just friends. We went to the same church and shared first cousins and aunts, but on different sides of the tree. As Sam my cousin says, the tree does split at the top. I do remember when Wayne would buy me a Christmas gift and give to his aunt and mine for her to give to me. My aunt Lorene was sister to my mother. She was married to Wayne''s uncle, his mother being Uncle Preston's sister. See..........................Anyway I know we dated for about a year and I know that I really liked him a lot. The problem I am having is I don't remember actually dating him. I can't remember a specific date or place...............I do remember him writing to me when he had just left to go back to school in Texas. He had sent me my picture back and broke up with me. I do remember being devastated, hurt and angry. But after one short phone call to him to see if he meant what he said, I never spoke to him again until March 16, 2007 at my mothers funeral. Wayne remembers everything. We have gone all over Baton Rouge taking pictures of all the places he says we went to. This is hard to believe but here we go........ I was living in Prentiss, Ms and had been there for several years running a Sears Catalog Store. Wayne accepted a job at the church there in Prentiss and lived in that town for about a year. I never once saw him, even though we lived less than a block from each other. I would not go to that church because I knew he was preaching there and his family was with him. I would have never tried to see him because I knew in my heart I still loved him. He was principle at Silver Creek school and at Enterprise in Brookhaven which was only a short drive away. I never knew he was that close and he never tried to contact me. He knew the same thing and he never tried to see me or contact me. So this story picks up again on March 16,2007,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

No comments: