Sunday, August 17, 2008

WHO AM I? WHO ARE YOU?



There is no doubt most all of you have heard the beautiful song by Casting Crowns, "Who Am I?"

The first words are "Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to know my hurt
Who am I that the Bright and Morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart?

Not because of who I am
But because of what YOU"VE done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who YOU are............

I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind

Still you hear me when I' m calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am YOURS, I am YOURS

My sister, Brenda, heard this song right after she found out that
she had cancer. This song spoke to her so personally. I know Brenda knew that the Lord was with her during her walk with death. The last words to this song is............Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
'Cause I am YOURS
I am YOURS..........

Most of the time we identify ourselves as.......someones wife or husband, someones mother or father, or some one's grandmother or grandfather, or by our occupation if we happen to have one like:
President, teacher, preacher, accountant, doctor or lawyer. But do we think often enough of WHO WE REALLY ARE IN THE EYES of GOD?
This is the true identity we should all be concerned about.

Everyday I have to take inventory of myself and then face my GOD and talk it over with HIM. I want the slate to be wiped clean when HE comes for me. I don't want to have any unconfessed sins in my life, so I daily go to my Lord and ask forgiveness. Why do I feel the need to do this you may ask? Well, I pretty much know who I am. I am a sinner saved by GRACE who is capable of sinning. I try very hard to keep it clean but then the ole "thought process" kicks in. Remembering faults or hurts, rehashing in my mind old conversations or moments of gossiping or forgetting to be kind or not being willing to forgive someone.

It is easier to be Bunnie's mother or Ryley's grandmother or Brenda or Bart's sister than it is to be just plain ole me.........LaJuanah. I think it is important for us to stop and remember WHO WE ARE...........and then remember WHO HE IS...............

As I watched Brenda leave all of us that loved her so very much, I also knew that in a second she was with Jesus, and Susanne and now my mother is with them. Our pastor preached this morning on how glorious the passing of a loved one that knows Jesus. We miss them terribly but I would never ask God to send them back to this ole earth again. I pray that if any of you reading this do not know Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour that you will ask Him to be just that. He loves you more than anyone and HE knows exactly WHO YOU ARE.











1 comment:

alma said...

It's a beautiful song and says it perfectly.
Love ya,