Friday, December 5, 2008

The Shack as Jason saw it!





Jason and Kim Parker

The Shack, just seemed to put into PLAIN ENGLISH what we have been told all our lives. God Loves US. Really. Anyone who has children should understand this principle. If your children do something wrong, you don't hate them, abandon them.....you still love them. If you have two children, can you decide which one would go to heaven and which one would go to hell? If you were the judge. NO, you couldn't. You want both of them to go to heaven...so if someone has to die to please the judge....the parent would do it for the sake of his children. This is what our Father did for us. A price needed to be paid so He could be with us. Before we were born, while we were sinners, Jesus died for us. Because of the JOY set before Him, He endured the cross. What JOY? The joy of knowing we could finally reach heaven and spend eternity with Him. He is soooo interested in our lives, He put everything on this earth and everything in this universe here just for us. He put mysteries in plants, animals, oceans, and the stars because He knew we would be a curious creature looking for adventure. How did He know that.....? Because we are made in his image....Their image. That's right...God in three Persons......The Trinity... How can you be three but one......We all are in a way...I am one man, but I am a husband, father, son, and a brother. One man- 4 persons. It is okay to pray and thank the Holy Spirit, Its okay to ask for Jesus's Love and ask God for Blessings. They are 3 in 1. So much wisdom and glory couldn't fit into one package could it......FOR NOW, ITS ALL I have GOT!
This is an email I received from my son, Jason, this morning.
I asked him if it was ok for me to share this with my friends on
my blog.
I hesitate to say too much about Jason but I can sum it
all up by saying he surely is special and I love him with all
my heart. Guys get a little embarrassed if mom's get too
carried away if you know what I mean.
I am in the process of reading the "Shack" again. I only got
half way through when I just stopped. I was so reminded
of Susanne so much and I just got bogged down in the
pain of losing her so I just closed the book. This was months
ago. Recently Jason called me and suggested I finish
the book. It had a great impact on him. So because of
Jason I am in the process of reading the book again and
I pray that I will be able to finish it. It is a different kind
of book. By Jason's recommendation I recommend it to
you. After I finish it I will write on it again. If any of
you have read the book and have something you would
like to add please send a comment. I believe Jason would
be interested in hearing others feelings after reading
the book.

1 comment:

Wayne said...

Jason, I read The Shack, as you know. And it had a deep impact on me too. Certainly you are astute about the sacrifice of God on our behalf and all the provisions he made for His creation. It is refreshing to see and hear someone who really appreciates that fact. His love for us transcends our ability to understand it. But to accept it and confess our extreme dependence on His love and forgiveness and to convey our knowledge of that love is such a privilege. Thanks for telling me of your realization of all that. It is encouraging to me and I am sure others to see that realization and it would behoove us all to grasp it and cling to it. I truly believe that is what the Creator wants from us. Thanks again, Wayne