Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Entertaining Strangers

Hebrews 13:2
Do not forget to entertain strangers, for
by doing, some have unwittingly entertained angels.

This has been a wonderful time of exchanging views on the
subject of "The Shack". Most people that have
read the book are moved by it whether they believe
God would actually do what this book says He
does. It is not specifically for those that have
lost a child. I believe it is for all people who have ever
experienced the feeling of whether God actually
does love us. And one might ask "How far will God
go to show us His love. "? Well, the bible is full
of examples not to mention the one about giving
His only begotten Son to die so that we might be saved
from our sins.
Below is another email I received from Jason. We have had
\some great conversations and for this I am so grateful.
I just wanted to share this last one on the Shack. Who knows
what topic we might cover next!
-
I would like to add to some of my previous emails. I have heard a lot of talk about the Shack and the characters the Trinity portrays. The reason I didn't have a problem with it, is for the simple fact that God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit have taken on different forms all throughout history. We have read of the descending DOVE, the wind blowing is a sign of the Holy Spirit, Jesus became man to save us, etc. Burning bush, cloud of fire or smoke. God seems to become whatever we need right as we need it. Since He is soo big, I believe He has to take on these different forms to show us He can't be put into a box. God is our King, our Lord......He also becomes our friend when we need one, body guard..etc Jesus, the King of Kings......also He is our savior, guiding light, hope, etc. Holy Spirit, the Helper that came after Jesus, ..... our comfort, our interpreter, spiritual connection to spirit world........you see where I am going with this. In the Shack, the black woman was there as the comforter, later He became the older Father figure because that is what the lead character needed at that moment. I just think it was a great visual, that GOD will be WHAT you NEED, WHEN you NEED it. And He knows what you need...... I also agree with Alma about He wants us to obey and worship Him,,,,, I just though it is easier to hear, obey, pray and worship, once you understand the love he has for us. Recently I have come to believe He loves me more than I had originally believed. That epiphany has made it possible for me to see that I don't NEED to worship him......I WANT TO!
Thanks for letting me share this with you. Jason

No comments: