Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Seasons of My Life


We have all had many seasons in our lives. My life is so different now than it was 18 months ago. In February of 2007 I was working in a small antique and gift shop in Jonesborough, Tennessee and had just become part owner in a year round Christmas shop. It had been one of my dreams to own a little shop in one of the little towns in Eastern Tennessee. Finally, it seemed that things were coming together for me. Jonesborough is sort of like a small Gatlinburg. Lots of visitors from out of state and it was a wonderful way to visit with lots of people. Today I am sitting in a little 2 bedroom cottage in Southeast Louisiana having a wonderful life with Wayne. I never would have dreamed in a million years that we would be sharing a home together. But this has come together in a miraculous way I think. I have always loved Wayne but I have never prayed for him to be back in my life nor has he. God is blessing us in so many ways and I thank Him. Life can change so quickly, sometimes for the better and sometimes not. I have had those life changing times that were not so good and that has made me appreciate all the good times. I try to relish the happy moments and let all those around me enjoy in the good things that God is doing. Suddenly we can find ourselves in a glorious moment that we want to never end and then suddenly there can be a moment where everything is upside down. That is life and God gives us many scriptures to get us through all things. Let me assure you that God wants us to love each other, live our lives for Him, and share His love with all we can. But we are not to judge, condemn or take it as our responsibility to make sure everyone is meeting our standards as trying to be a GOOD Christian. You cannot judge me nor can I judge you. We are all on the same playing field, learning every day how to love. We are ALL Sinners that is why Jesus died on the Cross. So if you think you may have gotten off course and been focusing on others sins instead of your own, let me suggest you take a break and spend some time with self instead of others. Jesus is probably waiting to talk to you.

No comments: