Saturday, February 21, 2009

Fascinating To Say The Least

This beautiful Live Oak tree has got to be as old as dirt itself. I am so fascinated by all these beautiful trees in South Louisiana. These limbs just seem to stretch out as far as they want to, lie down and rest for awhile and stretch some more. If you have ever actually been in a hurricane you then can imagine the strength of these trees. When you get up close you can see where limbs have broken off from the high winds of those storms. But the roots and the trunk are so very strong, withstanding the worst of all the storms, Katrina, and Rita not to mention the others through the years. Double click on the tree to get a close up. I guess that is why through the years we age a little, (that is an understatement) being scarred and stretched and stunted. Some of us last longer, carry ourselves better, hide our scars and still hold outstretched arms to those we love and want to shield and comfort and encourage and give rest. I would so love for those around me to see such strength and endurance in me as I can see in this tree. Absolutely amazing..........................

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom - I WILL see one of these trees one day..... really! Ha!

Wayne said...

I wish it was this weekend.......ha ha.