Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thanks Doc


I am sure all of you recognize Bunnie and Ken, my daughter and son-in-law. We have just returned from spending 3 weeks at their home. I can't tell you how nice it is to have a doctor in the house. Since Ken is a trauma doctor he doesn't get excited or into doctoring unless it looks really life threatening so when any of us have this awful cold or back ache he is very sympathetic. But then he is ready to go on with what we were doing. lol I mean this in the nicest way. Until you stop and watch you may not realize how often Ken is asked something about helping someone with headache, muscle ache, tummy ache, tooth ache, constipation, diarehea, pain here and a pain there. I would be nuts if I had that many people asking me questions about sickness and pain. Of course, that is what doctors do but most of them have set hours and an office or hospital. Our dear Ken is ON CALL all the time it seems. He gets phone calls from every where, friends he has known for years that live way off asking his opinion regarding a health issue. He goes to watch my granddaughter play her volleyball games in college and he ends up taking care of the whole team, on both sides sometimes. lol So that is why I can see that he and Bunnie need to get out of town and just DISAPPEAR so to speak. He was in Hawaii on vacation and got phone calls from home asking for medical advise from people that did not realize he was out of the country. He is not the kind of person that just doesn't answer his telephone either. He feels that God has blessed him with a gift and he wants to be of assistance whenever he can. So if any of you know Ken you know what I am saying is truth, and if you don't know him you need to get to know him. He is a fine young doctor who loves my daughter and grandchildren and takes wonderful care of them. I have truly been blessed by him and thank God everyday for him as well as everyone else in my family. God is good indeed.

No comments: