Saturday, September 27, 2008

My Baby Tree

I get such a great feeling every
time I see this beautiful tree.
I picked up about 8 little pods that were just
sprouting about 6 years ago and transplanted
them in Bun and Ken's flower bed of their new
homeat the time. A year later about 3 of them
had survived and needed to be transplanted
again. This tree is about 25 feet tall now and
putsout some wonderful shade. When we are
outside and the kids are playing we all
enjoy the shade that this tree puts out.
I actually feel that I gave birth to this
lovely tree and take a certain amount of
pride in it every time I look at it.
It was a little quarter inch pod when I
planted it and now look at it. God's Word is
like that sort of. You takejust a few words
and plant them into someones spirit and
eventually it just grows and grows
and starts reaching out and covering
someone else with it's wisdom and
power. God says His Word does not return
void, Also that His Word is our sword.
I guess we need to keep His Word
close to our heart ready
to speak it at a moments notice.

No comments: