Sunday, July 6, 2008

PRECIOUS GIFTS OF GOD















GOD BLESSED ME WITH THESE TWO BEAUTIFUL "KIDS", JASON AND BUNNIE. IF I COULD ONLY TELL THEM THE JOY THEY BRING TO MY LIFE EVERYDAY!


These past 2 weeks in NE Tennessee with my children and grandchildren has been a delight. Since I have moved to Baton Rouge I don't get to see them as often and I truly miss them. I am so grateful to God for keeping a great relationship with HIM and Bun and Jay. I can't begin to express the importance of family. A season in your life may be filled with many friends and relatives and then SUDDENLY you may find yourself in a small circle of people. For many reasons people come and go into our lives. Some may leave permanently by moving away or being called HOME by our LORD. Relationships are broken for different reasons . Someone you once loved dearly may not be as present in your life as before. Whatever the reason for changes in your family or friends you should be constantly reminded of the importance of TODAY. After all , TODAY is all that God has promised us. Tomorrow may never come. I am so thankful that Bunnie and Jason have clung to each other as sister and brother. My sister and brother have always been very close to me. My sister has gone to be with the Lord now but I have some very good memories of her. Last night Wayne and I looked at a lot of family videos of the kids and holidays. It blessed me so much to see Brenda as she was before she got sick. I also got to see a few seconds of Susanne in a video at my mother's wedding in 1984, a year before she died. I am so grateful for that chance to see her again.

If there is someone that you have had conflict with I urge you to try to restore that relationship. The devil loves to destroy relationships. He spreads lies and rumors and divides. Take hold of the situation and be the first to try to heal any circumstance that has caused pain to someone else. God says we are to love and forgive. Sometimes we may have to be the first to speak out and forgive no matter who was in the wrong.

So let me encourage you to reach out and love all those that are close to you that you love. Never take one day for granted. Give as much love as you expect from others. Love can heal much suffering and deliver much joy. Reach out to your sister or brother and let them know how very special they are to you.

No comments: