Friday, July 18, 2008

MY LIL TORI LYNETTE

For every season in my life it seems God has always given me someone to love and someone to love me back. Sometimes life can really throw you some tough curves that knock you off your normal balance of life. I personally think it is the devil that is always seeking who he can destroy and if not destroy make miserable. When I was going through another mountain in my life called "divorce" I was really in need of something or someone to put my attention into. I had the Lord of course but I needed an earthly person I could love and nurture. Bunnie and Jason were grown and did not need me as much. This beautiful child called Tori was given to me with the approval of Bun and Ken and I almost consumed her just as I had Whitney after Susanne had died. She had the curliest hair when she was 2 and 3 yrs old. I was living with them at the time and she would come to my room every morning for me to comb her beautiful curls out. Through the 12 years we have been blessed with her I had the joy of living daily with her for 11 of those years. She has become such a beautiful young girl with such a sweet nature. She is quieter than she was when she was younger and seems to have a much deeper side to her. She is quick to learn, loves to read and gets prettier every day. She is getting ready to leave for camp today. It will be the first time she has tackled this completely alone. Her dad is not the camp doctor, her family will not be there . I know Bun is fighting the tears as she sends Tori off to camp but she is trusting God to take care of her. I also am fighting the tears.............another part of my life has changed. My little beautiful Tori is growing up and I am having to let go of her also. This is a very bitter-sweet moment. Tori was there for me when there was no one else for a long period of time. We played together, I would swing her for hours, we would make up songs and laugh. We painted together and did lots of craft things. So my very best friend for that period of my life is growing up and moving on with her life as she should. I thank my God for the time I had with this precious child and pray blessings upon her that she won't be able to contain there will be so many. Our God is a good God, loving God and He is with us through all the good and bad. Thank you Lord for all my grandchildren, for each one of them has had their own special place in my heart. This place is for Tori..................................

No comments: