Thursday, November 27, 2008

THANKSGIVING DAY



Welcome to our world!

I am so glad that my cousin Donna Lynn and her husband decided to try and have a Family Thanksgiving Dinner on Aunt Vestelle's side of the tree. As I mentioned earlier, Aunt Vestelle is the last of the siblings in her family. There was Uncle Jack who lived in Chicago, Uncle Junior who lived in Baton Rouge, Aunt Lorene, Aunt Evelyn and my mother, Audrey , all of Baton Rouge for most of their lives. Seems as though our pictures are getting smaller and smaller. All the branches that stem from this tree have spread and gone in so many directions that we will probably never get them all together at the same time .
Sam represented Aunt Lorene's family, I represented my mother's family, Audrey, Donna and Opal represented there mom, Aunt Vestelle, and Bernita and Jackie, Aunt Evelyn. Bart my brother who lives in Arkansas was not able to come and Jerry, Sam's brother was not able to come. So we find it is getting harder and harder to have these little get-to-gethers....
We had a great day, the food was plentiful and wonderful and we got some great pictures to help with the memories when our children and grandchildren are looking trying to figure out who all these strangers are. We have so much to be thankful for. My sister, Brenda went to be with the Lord several years ago and we all miss her dearly. Sixteen children came from these 6 siblings, and from that came more than 21 grandchildren, I lost count. I am sure that my brother Bart or Sam is going to write me and correct me on this. ha ha
My point is.......we have to work at staying close to each other and keeping up with what is going on in each other's lives. Today was a good day to do some catching up and renewing friendships and being reminded how blessed we are indeed.

2 comments:

alma said...

What a neat picture. Of course I don't recognize most of them, but one face was missing. I'm sure the person taking the picture would be my sweet sister. You are right though, there needs to be more of those pictures around, and I've tried, more times than you could imagine, to remember "Uncle Jr's" name. I hope everyone enjoyed the day. I'm sorry Jerry and Jan were missing. I do believe they are just a figment of my childhood. (ha)
We had a geat day. All of the kids, except David and Elizabeth, were together but only four out nine grandchldren. It was a very good day though.
Love to all

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping a great record of what's going on. Can you imagine if we had all of the family here, both past and present, what a time it could have been. Those who did not live to see the technology that is available to share pictures and stories and those who cannot find time now, but would on that day. It would be great, but wait, there is a place and time when we can get together and the location will be out of this world! It will be the most wonderful setting for a reunion and God will be there along with Jesus and the Holy Spirit. Let's just pray that all of our loved ones will be saved and present for the great reunion. I think it is closer now than ever.

Love
Sam